For undergraduate programmes (Bachelor) referring to new entrants who have succeeded in the National examinations and achieved high grades in high school or the modules examined.
Scholarship duration and content
The scholarships awarded cover a fees discount for the first year of studies.
Each Scholar is formally recognized as an “ΑΚΤΟ Scholar” and receives relative Certification.
- Certified copy of high school certificate or relative level, with final marks.
- Written confirmation from tertiary education institution (AEI, TEI) for his/her acceptance.
- Especially for high school graduates who participated in the examinations for the special modules of linear design and free hand drawing, claiming a place in Architecture, Fine Art, Product Design, Graphic design, Photography, Interior Design and generally a Fine and Applied Arts School, written confirmation for the grades awarded in the said modules.
a) High school graduates or relative level in Greece, with final mark 16 and above, who have been accepted in a tertiary education institution.
b) High school graduates or relative level in Greece, with average mark in examined special modules 16 and above (special modules refer to linear design and free hand drawing).
c) Active students, past students or graduates of tertiary education institutions (AEI – TEI).
For Scholarship approval (discounted fees) all applicants should submit the Scholarship Application along with the above documentation.
Application submissions starts with the formal announcement of results for the National Examinations, at a date set by the Ministry of Education, and ends on the 30th of September of each year.
All applications and supporting documentation are assessed by the Scholarship Committee, comprised by the Academic Manager, The BA Supervisor and the Financial Manager.
Upon completion of this process and final decisions been made, the Board of Directors of AKTO confirms the Scholarships at a meeting and compiles the relative minutes. Applicants are informed in writing.
In the event that the number of applications for Scholarship is greater than the number of Scholarships offered by the College for each academic year, the applicants with the higher grades in each category are selected.
The decision of the Scholarship Committee is announced by the 10th of October and prior to the commencement of classes.
Means of Scholarship award
The monetary amount of the Scholarship (discount in fees) as well as the number of Scholarships per category is formulated each academic year by the Financial Management of the College, with the approval of the Managing Director and are announced in June.
Necessary requirement for the award of the discounted fees, as well as any other provisions resulting from the Scholarship, is to oblige to the regulations described hereunder.
Obligations of Scholar
- Can not surpass the set limit of absentees in any module (Regulations, Articles 8, 9, 10).
- His/her conduct must be according to the Regulations (Article 2).
- Must not commit any disciplinary acts (Regulations, Article 3) and must not be charged with disciplinary penalties, as set by the Regulations (Article 4).
- Must be up-to-date with any financial obligations to the College, as set and agreed in the relative registration form compiled and signed during registration.
- In the event of non compliance with the above, the Scholar looses the benefit of the Scholarship, without any claim.
Acceptance of Scholarship
Upon submission of the required documentation the applicant agrees with the above regulations and all procedures referring to the Scholarship (discounted fees) grant.
The applicant may not apply for and receive a Scholarship for two (2) different Scholarship categories.
Scholarship is strictly non transferable. In the event that the Scholar does not use the Scholarship granted, the Scholarship can not be transferred to the next applicant. However, the applicant maintains the right to use such Scholarship whenever he/she chooses to submit a new application for entry to any programme of studies.
ΑΚΤΟ, in context with our continuous endeavor to support students who wish to, in continuing their studies with our interdisciplinary postgraduate “Master of Arts in Design” programme, applies a Scholarship system to all our distinguished BA graduates, as well as graduates of other public tertiary education institutions AEI ans TEI.
- ΑΚΤΟ graduates, with a 1st or 2.1 classification in their undergraduate programme.
- Graduates of ΑΕΙ – ΤΕΙ with average final mark over 9.0.
- ΑΚΤΟ graduates, with the 3rd top grade in their programme.
- All AKTO Graduates, graduates of other Colleges as well as foreign universities, of 1st Class Bachelor degree.
- Graduates of ΑΕΙ – ΤΕΙ with average final mark over 8,5.
- All AKTO graduates, graduates of other Colleges as well as foreign universities, Upper Second Class Bachelor degree, with average final year mark over 8.
- Graduates of ΑΕΙ – ΤΕΙ with average final mark over 8.
- All graduates of Postgraduate degrees.
- ΑΚΤΟ graduates need to submit their analytical marks for the final year of studies, with average mark.
- Graduates of other Colleges and foreign universities, of a Bachelor level, need to submit a certified copy of their degree, with classification, and certified translation of the analytical marks of the final year.
- ΑΕΙ – ΤΕΙ graduates need to submit a certified copy of their degree and analytical marks.
- Upon submission of the required documentation the applicant agrees with the above regulations and all procedures referring to the Scholarship (discounted fees) grant.
In no event can Scholarship categories be combined. Should an applicant fall under more than one category, the applicant should state which category he chooses to apply by.
In the event that the Scholar does not use the Scholarship granted, the Scholarship can not be transferred to the next applicant. However, the applicant maintains the right to use such Scholarship whenever he/she chooses to submit a new application for entry to the programme.