The three libraries of the College contribute to the intellectual and social development of both our students and tutors. They total over 20.000 titles, in both printed and digital material, in the following areas:
Art, Architecture, Graphic Design, Sculpture, Painting, Engraving, Interior Design, Photography, Cinema, Theatre, Advertising, Marketing, Literature, Comics, Social Sciences, History, Design etc.
All College libraries provide:
- Access to the internet, with work stations and Wi-Fi.
- Search capability for titles through the digital catalogue of the library.
- Access to data bases and on-line catalogues of other libraries.
- Ordering facility for magazine articles, through the HERMES system, from libraries collaborating with the network.
- Capability to use audiovisual material.
- Photocopying and scanning facilities.
Collections and reading stations of the library are also available to visitors.
In the current competitive environment, which surpasses the borders of Greece, every new artists – designers must follow developments and continue learning and research in their field.
THE ARCHIVE, hosted in the AKTO libraries, in collaboration with the on-line magazine ΑRCHISEARCH.gr now offers students, graduates and tutors one more source of research and study in Art & Design, regarding materials (construction, coverings, decorative). The Archive is a contemporary data base which is continuously updated for new developments in the technology and material applications.
In charge of the design and operation of the archive corners is Pantelis Ponticakis (Interior Designer), Pontikakis.firstname.lastname@example.org | 210 5230 130.
The project was sponsored by ELTOP, member of Interwood Group, for materials and technology by Samsung Hellas.